1) Use a wide tooth comb to gently comb the hair to remove any tangling. When combing, the hair, always remember to start from the bottom and work your way to the top. Comb it in a downward motion until the hair has been detangled. Be careful not to pull the hair.
2) Wash the hair with running lukewarm water and a deep cleansing shampoo. Dilute 1 oz. of shampoo into a bowl with a pint of warm water. Do not Massage or scrub the hair. Wash it from bottom to top stroking downwards to prevent tangling.
3) Apply a moisturizing conditioner to the hair and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. This will allow enough time for the hair to absorb the conditioner and make it soft again. Use cold water for a final rinse.
4) Gently pat the hair dry with a hair towel. Do not rub the hair with the towel to dry.
5) Make sure to comb the hair again the same way it was instructed in step #1 to take out any tangles that may have formed while washing.
6) For best results, allow the hair to dry naturally.
7) Style as desired. Always remember to consult with a professional stylist to achieve the exact look you desire.